Monday, April 18, 2016

Slowly (Slowly)

We take so much for granted, they and I
We share a life in one dimension
Our problems always seem to cloud the sky
But we don't pay them much attention
And with every day, we drift apart
I can feel it in my heart
That the clouds and storms are coming, you know
Although a part of the signal's still so slow
There's something wrong and I feel the waves die
lowly, slowly

No analog words and no ultra-blue streams
And we should take it as a warning
We keep on going through the old routines
Space station glides on through the morning
And with every day we drift apart
And the fear is in my heart
I read the signs and I should be more sure
And yet a distant sound echoes where we were
There's something wrong and I feel the light die
slowly, glowing

Our fire's just a distant memory
And in its place a cold Orion
A cold shifting arm where there used to be
At least a violet horizon

But a feeling still of radiance
It gives little hope, I guess
Out here we'll drift as unknown faded light
If it should be we'd drift endlessly from sight
It's like a myth, but I feel my world die slowly
The stars scattered and distantly flow
Telescopes will trace debris within this glow

There's something wrong and I feel the light die
slowly, slowly



Video of song set to Pitch Black

Worked on:
around 1999 with various lyrical ideas

No comments:

Post a Comment